Board of Trustees names Search Advisory Constituency for The University of Southern Mississippi President Search
Mon, 10/03/2022 - 10:25am | By: Caron Blanton
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning has selected 15 members, representing a cross-section of The University of Southern Mississippi campus community, to serve as Search Advisory Constituents.
- Amy Chasteen, USM Professor of Sociology, Executive Vice Provost, Hattiesburg
- Louie Ehrlich,Alumnus, USM Foundation Immediate Past President, Past Chief Information Officer, Chevron Corporation, Austin, Texas
- Jeffrey George, Alumnus, City Council, City of Hattiesburg, Former Student Body President, Hattiesburg
- Leila Hamdan, Professor of Coastal Sciences, Gulf Coast, Ocean Springs
- Mayor Billy Hewes, Alumnus, Mayor, City of Gulfport
- Alan D. Lucas, Alumnus, Alumni Hall of Fame, Dentist, Oak Grove Family Dentistry, Hattiesburg
- Ashley Lankford, USM Student Body President, Hattiesburg
- Kelly Lucas, USM Interim Vice President for Research, Ocean Springs
- Derek Patton, Professor of Polymer Science and Director of the School of Polymer Science and Engineering, Hattiesburg
- Joseph F. Quinlan, Jr., Alumnus, USM Capital Campaign Chair, USM Foundation Vice President, Alumni Hall of Fame, Chairman, First National Bankers Bancshares, Baton Rouge, La.
- Kelsey Rushing, Alumnus, USM Foundation Board President, Capital Defender, Officer of State Public Defender, Madison, Miss.
- Chuck Scianna, Alumnus, USM Foundation, Alumni Hall of Fame, President, Sim-Tex, LP, Houston, Texas
- Susannah J. Ural, USM Professor of History, Petal
- Jarvis Wilbert, Alumnus, Alumni Association Board of Directors, Sales Representative, Eli Lilly, Hattiesburg
- Alvin Williams, Alumnus, Alumni Association President, Dean, University of South Alabama School of Business, Mobile, Ala.
The Board of Trustees has selected Academic Search, a leading national search firm based in Washington, D.C., to assist with the search. The firm specializes in executive recruitment services, executive coaching, and transition support, in partnership with their parent organization, the American Academic Leadership Institute.
All nominations, applications, and questions regarding the USM President Search should be directed to Academic Search: https://academicsearch.org/
For more information and to track progress on the search for the 11th President of The University of Southern Mississippi, visit the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning’s website at http://www.mississippi.edu/ieo/usm/ and Twitter @MSPublicUniv and @USM_Search.
# # #
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning governs the public universities in Mississippi, including Alcorn State University; Delta State University; Jackson State University; Mississippi State University including the Mississippi State University Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine; Mississippi University for Women; Mississippi Valley State University; the University of Mississippi including the University of Mississippi Medical Center; and the University of Southern Mississippi.