Southern Miss School of Leadership Professor Presents at Five Conferences, Organizes Two Others
Fri, 11/10/2023 - 06:58am | By: Dena Temple
Dr. Fujun Lai, Professor of Management at The University of Southern Mississippi’s (USM) School of Leadership, attended and presented at numerous conferences in China during this past summer.
- Dr. Lai presented a paper, “You Jump, I Jump? Herding Behavior in Blockchain Application
Platforms” at the 16th China Summer Workshop on Information Management in Changsha.
- He also attended the POMS International Conference in Hangzhou, where he presented
“Narratives as Touchstones for Mitigating Racial Discrimination: Evidence from the
- At the 3rd Conference on Digital Innovations and Management Frontiers in Hangzhou,
Dr. Lai presented “Digital Transformation Drives Product Quality Improvement: An Organizational
- At the 17th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management and
the 6th Annual Strategic Supply Chain Leaders Forum in Wuhan, Dr. Lai presented “The
Impact of Supply Chain Transparency on Firms' Financing Behaviors: The Moderating
Role of Supply Chain Concentration.”
- Dr. Lai also presented “The Impact of Digitalization on Operational Risk: An Organizational Information Processing Perspective” at the 18th Annual Conference of Chinese Academy of Management in Ürümqi.
In addition to this busy schedule of conference presentations, Dr. Lai also organized two conferences in China this summer:
- 2023 Soochow Workshop on Information Systems, Soochow, June 21-22, 2023
- 2023 International Symposium on Emperical Research on Supply Chain and Operations Management, Yinchuan, July 12-13, 2023
Dr. Heather Annulis, Director of the School of Leadership, acknowledged the importance of Dr. Lai’s contributions to his field of research and his valuable partnerships with colleagues in China.
“Dr. Lai continues to contribute important research in the areas of digital innovation and management,” said Dr. Annulis. “We are proud of his research and its dissemination to a broad audience.”
The School of Leadership is housed within the College of Business and Economic Development at The University of Southern Mississippi and operates on the Coastal USM campus in Long Beach, Mississippi. Its undergraduate degree programs include Accounting, Applied Technology, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology (Logistics), Management, and Marketing. Graduate programs include Human Capital Development, Human Capital Development (Instructional Technology and Design), Instructional Technology and Design, and Logistics, Trade and Transportation.