Schedule a campus tour at Southern Miss!
A campus visit is an essential step in deciding whether Southern Miss is right for you. Schedule a visit to the Hattiesburg campus.
- An introduction to Southern Miss where we will cover the application process, admissions requirements, scholarship information, and much more.
- Get first-hand insight on what it’s like to be a Southern Miss student through a walking tour of campus with a current student!
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 1:30 PM and Tuesday, Thursday at 10:00 AM during the academic semester.
- If you would like to add an academic information session after your Discover Southern Miss tour, please select ‘yes’ in your visit registration for the campus visit.
- Information Session availability are based on the academic programs.
- If you are interested in meeting with the Honors College during your visit, please register for the Honors College Information Session in addition to your campus tour.
- Sit down with an admissions counselor to discuss the application process, admissions requirements, scholarship information, and tour campus with a current student.
- Participate in an academic session with a faculty member in the department of your major. Discuss research opportunities, career options, and post-graduate education specific to your interests.
- These appointments must be made at least a week in advance to allow for scheduling with academic departments.
- Students with a 27 ACT composite score or higher, who are interested in meeting with the Honors College, should select ‘yes’ during registration.
- Students with a 27 ACT composite score or higher, who are interested in meeting with the Honors College are encouraged to attend an Honors College information session before their Discover Southern Miss campus tour.
- Talk with a member of the Honors College to discuss scholarships, research, and the many opportunities available through this experience.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Honors College info sessions will have an hour break before the Discover Southern Miss Tour. Take this time to try out some of our dining facilities on campus!
- For groups with more than 10 high-school aged prospective students, please follow the link below to schedule a group tour.
- Please choose at least three prospective dates to visit campus. Group tour availability is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your group tour request will be confirmed through the e-mail listed on the request.
- If you want to schedule a campus visit for groups of students younger than high-school aged students, please schedule that through the Office of University Communications' Community Group Campus Tour Request form.
Hattiesburg Campus Visit FAQs
When is the best time to schedule a campus visit?
Weekdays – when classes are in session – afford the best insight into the Southern Miss experience and campus life. Our mission is to provide you with a campus visit experience that addresses all of your needs, and we are best able to do that during the week while classes are in session so that you can access as many campus resources as needed.
How long does a typical campus tour last?
A campus visit usually lasts two hours.
Why is it necessary that I schedule a campus visit? Can’t I just show up?
Walk-in visitors will be accommodated as much as possible, but we cannot guarantee that all appointment and special requests will be met unless your visit is scheduled in advance.
I have a disability. What accommodations can be made for me during my campus visit?
If special assistance or auxiliary aids are needed to accommodate a disability, please contact Admissions at 601.266.5000 or admissionsFREEMississippi to discuss accommodations at least one week prior to your scheduled visit.
I have trouble walking long distances. Will I be able to get a tour of campus during
Yes. Please contact Admissions at 601.266.5000 or admissionsFREEMississippi to discuss accommodations at least one week prior to your scheduled visit in order to ensure a full campus visit experience with no inconvenience.