Academic Excellence Scholarships
MARCH 1: Students admitted to The University of Southern Mississippi by this date will be automatically considered for the freshman Academic Excellence Scholarship.
For students taking the December standardized test during their senior year, official scores must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by March 1 for scholarship consideration. Notifications regarding an updated scholarship offer will be mailed in March.
Academic Excellence Scholarship offers are mailed monthly starting in September of the student's high school year and can be viewed in the GO System for acceptance. If you do not see your scholarship offer or updated scholarship offer after updating your records with the Office of Admissions, please contact our office at scholarsFREEMississippi.
MARCH 1: Deadline for final December standardized test scores to the Office of Admissions and final consideration for the Academic Excellence Scholarship. New offers will be mailed by mid-month.
MAY 1: Students must accept Freshman Academic Scholarships in the GO System.
Scholarship Amount Breakdown by Test Scores
|ACT||SAT||Annual Amount||Total Over 4 Years|
|30-36||1360-1440||Full Value of Tuition||Total Amount of Tuition|
- Students must have a high school core gpa of 3.0 or higher
- All awards are automatically renewed for a total of 4 years (8 consecutive fall/spring semesters) in accordance to the student maintaining scholarship stipulations each semester.
- Full tuition scholarships will increase as tuition rates increase. Tuition rates are subject to change without notice by the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning.
Freshman Academic Housing Scholarship
This scholarship does stack with Academic Excellence Scholarship
|ACT/SAT Equivalent||One-Time Amount||Housing Requirements|
33-36 ACT or 1450+ SAT
|Full value of the cost for a double occupancy room only (estimated cost for freshman housing is $7,752 per year/$3,876 per semester)||Must live on campus during freshman year|
- Freshman housing is assigned by the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Students who opt out of living on campus during the freshman year of enrollment forfeit the Academic Excellence Housing Scholarship.
- This scholarship is only for the student's freshman year housing (fall/spring semesters) and cannot be renewed or refunded.
- Students who decide to live in a single occupancy room will have to pay the difference in costs between a double occupancy room and a single occupancy room. This scholarship only covers the rate for a double occupancy room.