Academic Excellence Scholarships
These awards are designated for high school seniors fully admitted to the University of Southern Mississippi and enroll during the fall semester immediately after high school graduation without attending any other college.
Official test scores must be submitted to and processed by the Office of Admissions by March 1 for scholarship consideration. Notifications regarding an updated scholarship offer will be mailed in June.
MARCH 1: Students must be fully admitted to The University of Southern Mississippi by this date to be automatically considered for the freshman Academic Excellence Scholarship. Meeting the deadline is part of the eligibility requirement.
MAY 1: Students must accept Freshman Academic Scholarships in the GO System.
Scholarship Amount Breakdown by Test Scores
|Total Over 4 Years
|Full Value of Tuition
|Total Amount of Tuition
- Students must have a high school core gpa of 3.0 or higher
- All awards are automatically renewed for a total of 4 years (8 consecutive fall/spring semesters) in accordance to the student maintaining scholarship stipulations each semester.
- Full tuition scholarships will increase as tuition rates increase. Tuition rates are subject to change without notice by the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning.
- Scholarship automatically renews if the student maintains a 2.5 USM cumulative GPA and 15 USM credit hours each fall and spring semester. Failure to meet these stipulations results in immediate cancellation of the scholarship.
Freshman Academic Housing Scholarship
This scholarship does stack with Academic Excellence Scholarship
33-36 ACT or 1450+ SAT
|Full value of the cost for a double occupancy room only (estimated cost for freshman housing is $7,752 per year/$3,876 per semester)
|Must live on campus during freshman year
- Freshman housing is assigned by the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Students who opt out of living on campus during the freshman year of enrollment forfeit the Academic Excellence Housing Scholarship.
- This scholarship is only for the student's freshman year housing (fall/spring semesters) and cannot be renewed or refunded.
- Students who decide to live in a single occupancy room will have to pay the difference in costs between a double occupancy room and a single occupancy room. This scholarship only covers the rate for a double occupancy room.