WHO CAN BE CONSIDERED
- Students must be admitted on or before the stated scholarship deadlines to receive guaranteed scholarship consideration. Any requested supporting documentation is also due by the stated deadlines.
- Transfer scholarships are awarded to students during the fall and spring semesters only (i.e., scholarships are not awarded during summer semesters or mini-sessions.)
- Fall Scholarships: Transfer scholarships are available to students attending Southern Miss the fall semester immediately following enrollment from their last institution. Students must be admitted by August 1.
- Spring Scholarships: Transfer scholarships are available to students attending Southern Miss the spring semester immediately following enrollment from their last institution. Students must be admitted by January 5.
- The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, Community/Junior College All-Academic First State/National Team Scholarship, and Community/Junior College President's Scholarship are available only to qualified students whose most recent institution of attendance is a community/junior college. Students must complete an online scholarship application and submit documentaion.
CUMULATIVE TRANSFER GPA
- Cumulative transfer GPA is calculated from grades earned at all institutions attended after high school and is the GPA of record for scholarship consideration.
COMPLETED TRANSFER CREDITS
- Students with 120 or more earned semester hours are ineligible for any transfer scholarship consideration.