Southern Miss offers generous scholarship support to scholars, leaders, National Merit
Semifinalists and Finalists and more - more than $23 million each year.
The Office of Undergraduate Scholarships (OUS), in alignment with The University of Southern Mississippi
, aspires to be a student-centered office by offering a welcoming environment and
preparing a diverse student population to embark on meaningful life endeavors by educating
the community on college costs and financial opportunities.
We also understand additional community and economic barriers that students face prior
to, during, and after college. We collect student data to assess the financial landscape
of USM's population to help identify scholarship, grant, and resource opportunities
to help improve the financial well-being of our Southern Miss community.
OUS provides a hub for scholarship and financial resource information to support all
students at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Our main objectives are to:
- Provide a centralized hub of scholarship information and financial resources to help
with college affordability.
Work with community and campus partners to identify free and credible financial resources
to support the financial well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
Provide student-centered customer service, accuracy, and efficiency when awarding
incoming and continuing scholarships.
Practice fair and consistent policies when monitoring and maintaining current scholarship
The mission of OUS is supported by the following values:
- Learning. OUS fosters personal growth, professional development, and a lifelong commitment
to wellness specially focusing on financial literacy.
- Collaboration. OUS values connections with faculty, staff, and students to ensure fair and consistent
policies and procedures are followed during the awarding process.
- Inclusion. OUS values an inclusive scholarship community of people that embraces the diversity
of people and ideas.
- Responsibility. OUS promotes social responsibility and citizenship by requiring undergraduate scholarship
recipients to uphold the Code of Student Conduct.
- Director of Undergraduate Scholarships: Dannetta Winters, M.B.A., MPhil PPA
- Assistant Director of Operations and Development: Jasmine Coleman-Miller, MSED
- Assistant Director of Scholarly Services: Hector Talavera, MSED
- Operations Specialist: Kaylee Vaughan