Miss Peetsy B
Miss Peetsy B is a 34-foot fiberglass-hull vessel certified for 32 passengers, a captain, and one
crew member. Originally built as a U. S. Navy liberty launch, she was previously used
as a dolphin watch vessel in south Florida before being refitted for service at GCRL.
Miss Peetsy B was donated to the GCRL Marine Education Center by Jimmy Buffett and his sisters,
Lucy Buffett and Laurie Buffett-McGuane, in honor of their mother who was passionate
about education. The vessel's name comes from Mrs. Buffett's nickname - Peetsy B.
The Buffett family, originally from Pascagoula, donated the vessel to help educate
students about their coastal environment, and ultimately create a more informed citizenry
to protect and maintain our local marine habitats.
Miss Peetsy B is available for near-shore daily charters. The vessel has no onboard restroom facilities.
Cruises should be arranged with that in mind.
Boat Reservation Calendar
- Length: 33.8 feet
- Beam: 10.9 feet
- Draft: 6 feet
- Tonnage: 14 tons gross, 11 tons net
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected - Passenger Service, Coastwise Unrestricted, Documentation
- Built 1973 and operated by the United States Navy as the liberty launch Suribachi
Charters are $467 for up to 4 hours of use, Including the cost of fuel. Fees are subject
to change without notice.
Additional Notes for Charters
- Cruise time should be four hours or less due to the lack of onboard restroom facilities.
- Food and drinks not supplied but may be arranged upon request.
- For more information or to reserve Miss Peetsy B, please contact Tiffany McNeese at Tiffany.McNeeseFREEMississippi or 228.872.4277.
- For a four-hour cruise on the Miss Peetsy B there will be one captain and one mate.
- Request for Service forms are to be turned in at least five business days before the
departure of any trip. Trip cancellations must be received at least five business
days prior to departure or ½ the normal day rate will be charged. There will be no
charge for weather days at the dock.
- The Captain will monitor weather conditions before departure and advise the charterer
of conditions to determine if any work can be accomplished.
- The vessel is insured to cover normal research activities of the Gulf Coast Research
Laboratory. Any additional insurance requirements must be provided by the chartering
- If a Request for Services form is not completed and filed in the Boat Operations office
at least five working days prior to any trip, the trip will not be confirmed and could
be subject to changes in dates.
Vessel Waiver Form