Giving to DuBard School
The Value of Language
The gift of communication – and all the opportunities it can provide – requires highly specialized, intensive services. Funding from the Mississippi Department of Education only covers a portion of the costs associated with such services. Funds from the University assist with the cost of facility maintenance and infrastructure support. While typical public schools rely on proceeds from their local tax base to off-set remaining expenses, enrollment services at the DuBard School must be sustained through donations from the United Way, private foundations, corporations and individual donors.
Contributions from individual donors and private foundations ensure that supplies, materials, equipment and those highly specialized services are continually available to children. In short, children learn to talk, listen, read and write because of private gifts.
Opportunities for Giving
We hope that you will become a part of giving children the gift of communication and academic achievement. You can help replace their frustration and despair with learning and hope. You can make a crucial difference in the lives of children.
There are many opportunities to join the DuBard School in giving the gift of language.
- Annual Fund – Donations to the annual fund may be designated for use as the donor wishes, either into an endowment or for immediate use including direct services, professional development, research or where the need is greatest.
- Planned Giving – Planned giving is an excellent way for donors to make an important and lasting gift to the DuBard School while gaining unique financial advantages for themselves. Planned gift options include life insurance gifts, charitable bequests in a will, Life Estate gifts, gift annuities, remainder trusts, lead trusts, revocable trusts and retirement plans.
- Naming Opportunities - The “Naming Opportunities” project allows the DuBard School to forever acknowledge gift donors by naming key points in the school in their honor. Gifts made in this manner will be used to provide intensive therapeutic services to children, enhance program and research development, strengthen outreach assistance, and develop endowments for the future. Contributions will be designated according to the donor’s preferences. Sites to be named range in gift amount from $10,000 to $250,000.
- Honor Brick Purchase – The front walk and entrance into the school are lined with bricks displaying the names of friends and supporters of the DuBard School. Priced at $150 for small bricks and $300 for large bricks, honor bricks are an excellent way to support the school and proudly acknowledge or memorialize individuals or organizations.
- General Giving Opportunities – Donations may be made at any point during the year. Donors may designate how they wish their gift to be utilized, and may make donations in honor or memory of individuals, or anonymously.