Marriage and Family Therapy Student Organization (MFTSO)
Purpose: The Marriage and Family Therapy Student Organization was officially accepted by the University in the Fall of 2003. This organization was established to:
- To serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights and well-being of all individuals, couples and families in Hattiesburg and the surrounding area with special emphasis on improving the quality of life for families
- To foster growth and development of members of this organization in their work with and on behalf of individuals, couples and families
- To increase members’ awareness of issues impacting the field of Marriage and Family Therapy and the training of Marriage and Family Therapy students and to promote the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at The University of Southern Mississippi
- To inform prospective undergraduate students about the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at The University of Southern Mississippi
- To inform residents in the Hattiesburg and surrounding area about issues impacting families and services provided by The University Clinic for Family Therapy
- To offer members opportunities to: a) Interact with local and state government officials and other community leaders; b)Provide charitable contributions to residents of Hattiesburg and the surrounding area; and c) Interact academically and socially with marriage and family therapy graduate students, faculty and other mental health professionals
Membership: The membership of this organization shall be open to enrolled graduate students in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at The University of Southern Mississippi and undergraduate students interested in a career in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Officers: The officers of the organization shall be: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Historian, and Public Relations/Recruitment Officer. Officers will be elected every September.
Dues: Dues in the amount of $20.00 shall be collected from each regular member per year, prior to the election meeting.