Welcome to the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at Southern Miss!
Where students experience:
Strong student/faculty relationships
Personal and professional growth
The value of diversity
University and community-based clinical practicums
Opportunities to improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities
The University of Southern Mississippi Marriage and Family Therapy Program (M.S.) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE). The program offers a full-time track and a part-time track. Program curriculum facilitates the integration of academic course work with supervised clinical experiences.
Faculty members are committed to the application of theory, research, and clinical supervision to improve the quality of life for students, clients and the larger community. Full-time students may complete their degree requirements in two calendar years while part-time students may complete degree requirements in four calendar years.
- 96% of students pass the national licensure exam the first time
- 92% of students are employed within 90 days of graduation
- 100% of students who apply to doctoral programs are accepted
- Closely supervised clinical experiences at the University Clinic for Family Therapy
- Opportunities for both clinical and non-clinical assistantships