Faculty & Staff
Faculty and staff play a unique role in the sustainability movement at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Contact the Office of Sustainability to:
- Learn about implementing sustainability curriculum into the classroom.
- Promote and attend the EcoEagle Film and Lecture series whenever you can!
Tips and Tricks
Help ease the burden on the environment in your own way by following the pointers below:
- Organize a carpool to lessen carbon emissions, and save gas money and parking spaces.
- Keep your car tires inflated at all times so your car can run more on less gas.
- Ride a bike or walk whenever you can.
In the classroom:
- If you are an instructor, encourage students to take notes on computers whenever possible and to print assignments on both sides of the paper.
- Use recycled paper.
- Remember to turn off lights in classrooms when you leave.
In the workplace or office:
- Conserve paper by using both sides.
- Whenever possible, use your printer’s low-quality setting to save ink.
- Go digital! Instead of printing pages online, bookmark them; try to edit on screen instead of on paper.
- Use e-mail to reduce paper use.