Recyclable and Non-Recyclable Materials
The Southern Miss Recycling program does NOT accept the following materials:
Examples of accepted materials
Anything that does not fall into the four categories above will be accepted.
Remember to not ball up any paper. Flat paper saves space!
- white, colored, and glossy paper
- staples are OK
- mail and envelopes
- window envelopes OK
- wrapping paper, but remove ribbon and tape
- paper bags
- phone books
- cardboard egg cartons
- hard and soft cover books
- any cardboard (please break down)
Please rinse if possible.
- all plastics
- milk cartons
- water bottles
- juice boxes
- detergent bottles
- soda bottles
Rinse containers first. Anything steel and aluminum.
- soup cans
- empty aerosol cans
- pet food cans
- wire hangers
- aluminum foil
- soda cans
- alkaline batteries (A, AA, D, etc.)
- empty ink cartridges from printers
Computers or other E-Waste recycling materials
Please contact us at Green@usm.edu.