Recyclable and Non-Recyclable Materials
The Southern Miss Recycling program does NOT accept the following materials:
- plastic grocery bags
Examples of accepted materials
Anything that does not fall into the four categories above will be accepted.
Remember to not ball up any paper. Flat paper saves space!
- white, colored, and glossy paper
- staples are OK
- mail and envelopes
- window envelopes OK
- wrapping paper, but remove ribbon and tape
- paper bags
- phone books
- cardboard egg cartons
- hard and soft cover books
- any cardboard (please break down)
Please rinse if possible.
- all plastics
- milk cartons
- water bottles
- juice boxes
- detergent bottles
- soda bottles
Rinse containers first. Anything steel and aluminum.
- soup cans
- empty aerosol cans
- pet food cans
- wire hangers
- aluminum foil
- soda cans
Please place these items next to the recycling can, not inside it.
- alkaline batteries (A, AA, D, etc.)
- empty ink cartridges from printers
Computers or other E-Waste recycling materials
Please contact us at Green@usm.edu.