What are Wellness Ambassadors?:
Wellness Ambassadors are a group of students from various majors who help promote health and well being on the Southern Miss campus. Wellness Ambassadors are leaders with skills and talents that assist proffesional health educators in designing, promoting, and participating in health events and campaigns on campus.
- Complete CHS 490
- Attend bi-weekley meetings
- Volunteer a minimum of 20-25 hours a semester (this includes planning sessions, presentations, health programs, and promotional activities)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Design, organize, and participate in campus-wide awareness activities and health education programming
- Design and present outreach programs
- Staff informational tables
- Design and distribute flyers, brochures, and other promotional materials
- Lead discussions about health topics with peers in a non judgmental way by providing facts, not personal opinion
- Provide resources for students to obtain further information or help with a certain health topic
- Act as a positive role model for living a healthy lifestyle
- Promote the Southern Miss mission of Healthy Minds and Healthy Bodies
Benefits of being a Wellness Ambassadors:
- Gain extensive knowledge about various health concerns affecting college students including alcohol, sexual health, sexual assault, nutrition, fitness, body image, stress, depression and healthy relationships.
- Become part of a highly skilled, diverse team of students committed to providing accurate, nonjudgmental college-health information to the Southern Miss community.
- Obtain academic credit through training.
- Develop teaching, communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
- Become a recognized member of the Student Health Center volunteer staff.
- Have an opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of the Peer Health Education program.
- Receive a scholarship after one semester of involvement
To apply to be a Wellness Ambassador you must complete the following application and return it by email to email@example.com or campus mail to box 5066
Applications for the 2012-2013 school year are due April 4, 2012. Interviews will be scheduled April 4th - 12th.