Annual Background Check
Each Authorized Adult/Program Staff member (whether paid, unpaid, affiliated with
the University or not) who will be participating in a program covered by the Minors
on Campus policy is required to have a criminal background check on file annually and must obtain a copy of a letter from HR based on having passed the background
University entities can request a background check by completing the Request for Background Check form
The Program Director is responsible for coordinating the background checks with University
Human Resources through Moriah Rouse, HR point of contact.
To ensure more efficient processing of background checks, the following steps are
- An email notice will be sent to the Program Director indicating the name of each Authorized
Adult/Program Staff that has been cleared to work with minors.
- Authorized Adults/Program Staff may not begin working with the Program until the background
check has been completed and they have been cleared to begin by University Human Resources.
- It is suggested that the background check forms be submitted to University Human Resources
at least one month prior to the beginning of the program or camp.
- Keep in mind that summer is the busiest time for programs with minors, so submit the
forms for your program staff EARLY!
- If the facility is being used by another organization, they would need to fill out
the Safety of Minors Addendum to Facility User Agreement (PDF), which is also included as a link at the bottom of the Minors on Campus policy.