Find Out About the Minors on Campus Policy
In January of 2015, the University adopted a Minors on Campus policy.
The objective of this policy is to promote a safe environment for minors by fostering
a University culture that is committed to preventing, recognizing, reporting, and
addressing child abuse and child sexual abuse.
The Minors on Campus policy does the following:
- Prohibits one-on-one contact with minors;
- Informs all University employees of their Duty To Report suspected neglect or abuse
of a child
- Outlines a Code of Conduct for individuals who work in camps/programs;
- Sets forth the duties of University units that sponsor a program/camp and sets staff
to participant ratios;
- Mandates training for program staff annually;
- Sets Rules of Conduct for programs/camps;
- Provides additional guidance for residential camps;
- Requires background checks for individuals who work in programs/camps; and
- Provides guidance to non-university entities that use our facilities for programs/camps.