- I want to change my password to something else. What do I do?
Go to https://campusid.usm.edu, and select “Update Password”. You will be able to enter your current password, and
then choose a new password.
- What are password recovery options?
These are options that you can choose to verify your identity so you can manage your
password if it is forgotten. You can set or modify these at any time by going to https://www.usm.edu/itech/campusid and selecting “Set Password Recovery Options”. There are three different options
you can choose from, and you are only required to choose oneof the three options. See below:
- You can set a phone number to which a verification code can be sent via text or phone
- You can set an alternate email address (something other than an @usm.edu) to receive a verification code.
- You can also choose to answer 5 security questions that can be presented to you for
- What are the rules for creating a strong password?
Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements, and are enforced when they
are changed or created:
- Minimum number of characters = 8
- Maximum number of characters = 128
- The password must contain three from the following categories:
- Minimally 1 uppercase letter (A through Z)
- Minimally 1 lowercase letter (a through z)
- Minimally 1 numerical value (0 through 9)
- Minimally 1 non-alphanumeric characters that is not a space.
Excluding spaces, which are not to be used, any other character can be used; examples
are: ! $ # @ % * ^ +
- My password has expired, or I have forgotten my password. What do I do?
Go to https://campusid.usm.edu, and select “Recover Account”. You will provide your user account w+IDfirstname.lastname@example.org (example:
email@example.com), and proceed to the password recovery options of your choice. Once
you have placed the correct code in and your account has been verified, you will be
able to create a password.
- Once I have created a CampusID password, how do I use it?
Once you create your CampusID password, it is used for multiple accounts. However,
there are different ways to use the usernames. Some will use the w+IDfirstname.lastname@example.org, and
some will only use the w+ID# (examples: email@example.com or w12345678 and the CampusID
password that you created).
- My account doesn't have any recovery options set up, how do I do this?
You will need to contact the iTech Help Desk (601.266.4357). They can set an alternate
email address for your account recovery. After 20 minutes, this option will be added
to your account, and you will be able to proceed through the “Recover Account” process.
After your account has been setup, you will prompted to setup or change any of the
options you like.
- I don't recognize the alternate email address in the password recovery options, how
do I have that changed?
You will need to contact the iTech Help Desk (601.266.4357). They can set a new alternate
email address for your account recovery. After 20 minutes, the email address will
be updated in the system, and you can proceed through the “Recover Account” process.