CEP Info Sheet
Congratulations, you have been approved to be a Computer Exchange Program (CEP) recipient!
Three steps to complete the "exchange":
Step 1: Delivery of Your CEP Computer
Step 2: Transfer Data
Assistance is available for transferring your files from your old machine to your
CEP computer. Simply submit an iTech work order, and an iTech technician will come
to your office and complete the data transfer.
Notes about using your CEP computer for the first time:
- Log in to your CEP computer using your CampusID credentials (wemplID and password;
same credentials as logging in to SOAR and email).
- For Windows laptop, upon your initial login, the computer MUST be plugged into a hardwire
wall jack with an Ethernet cable.
- CEP computers are delivered with Microsoft Office and antivirus. Additional software downloads are available.
Step 3: Send your old computer to Surplus
- The Department Property Contact must initiate a transfer to Surplus (#960029) in AssetWorks.
- Take the computer to Stores/Surplus. (Hattiesburg campus employees may put in a Physical
Plant work order or deliver the computer directly; Gulf Coast should send to Surplus
through the courier.)
Notes about sending your old computer to Surplus:
- Questions about sending equipment to Surplus? Contact Property Accounting at 601.266.5431.
- The hard drive in the old computer will be removed and disabled after it arrives in Surplus.
- After the old computer is received in Surplus, your CEP computer will be transferred
to your department's inventory.
CEP Additional Information
- The Computer Exchange Program seeks to replace computers that no longer have a manufacturer's
warranty available. Requests for CEP computers are fulfilled on a first-come-first-served
basis from CEP stock. If a CEP computer is returned to iTech, it is cleaned and placed
back into CEP stock for other CEP recipients. It is possible that the under-warranty
CEP computer you receive was used by a previous CEP recipient.
- Additional information about CEP is available on the CEP Frequently Asked Questions page or by emailing itcepFREEMississippi.