Below are a list of steps to clear your browser's cache and cookies by browser. Please
note that you will need to restart your browser after clearing its cache and cookies.
- Open Microsoft Edge and select the three horizontal dots at the top right of the window.
- Select "Settings" at the bottom of the pop-out menu.
- Under Clear browsing data, select "Choose what to clear."
- Select “Cookies and saved website data” and “Cached data and files."
- Select "Clear."
- Open Chrome and select the three vertical dots at the top right of the window.
- Mouse over “More Tools” to reveal the pop-out menu.
- Select “Clear browsing data.”
- Select the "Advanced" tab at the top of the small window.
- Choose “All time” in the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Select “Clear data.”
- Open Firefox and select the three horizontal lines at the top right of the window.
- Select “Options.”
- Select “Privacy & Security” on the left pane.
- Scroll until you see the “Cookies and Site Data” section in the middle column.
- Select “Clear Data.”
- Make sure that both “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content” are selected.
- Select “Clear.”
- Open Safari and select "Settings" from the Safari top menu.
- Go to the "Privacy" tab.
- Select "Manage Website Data."
- Select one or more websites, then select "Remove" or "Remove All" to remove all stored
*Note: Removing the data may reduce tracking, but may also log you out of websites
or change website behavior.
Be sure to restart your browser after clearing its cache and cookies.
If issues persist after clearing cache and cookies, please call the iTech Help Desk
at 601.266.HELP (4357) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
for further assistance.