How to Install Microsoft Office 365 Desktop Apps (Windows)
In addition to having access to web versions, active students, faculty, and staff
will be able to download Microsoft Office 365 applications on up to 5 devices (PC,
Mac) and up to 5 mobile devices (Android or iOS).
Because of Microsoft Office 365's online activation features, Office apps will not work on computers that are completely cut off from the Internet. Computers must connect to the internet periodically for the software to validate
- Login to the Microsoft Office Web Portal at https://portal.office.com.
If your computer is joined to the campus active directory, it may automatically sign
you in. If not, you will log in with your Campus ID (w+IDemail@example.com).
- Enter your CampusID password.
- Select "Install Office apps" located in the upper right-hand corner. Next, select
Office 365 apps.
- Depending on your browser, a file will automatically download (likely saved to your
"Downloads" folder). You will want to run this file. Then select "yes" to begin the
- The installation is an automated process - and it will download everything it needs
from the internet. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the install is complete, you can close out of all the browser windows and proceed
to use any of the Office products.