Features and Benefits
Other Track, We Get Stolen Laptops Back
When your computer is stolen, you can feel powerless, but you don't have to! LoJack®
for Laptops by Absolute® Software gives you the power to remotely locate, lock and
delete the data on your computer before it falls into the wrong hands. Most powerful
of all, only LoJack for Laptops has dedicated Theft Recovery Team that works with
local law enforcement to recover your stolen laptop and return it to you.
How It Works
Patented Technology Keeps You Protected
You deserve the strongest protection available, and LoJack for Laptops puts our persistent,
patented technology on your side.
- When LoJack for Laptops is installed, a small piece of software, the Computer Trace®
Agent, is embedded on your computer. It is very difficult to detect and resists deletion.
- Once you activate your LoJack for Laptops subscription, the Agent starts contacting
Absolute's Monitoring Center via the Internet at regular, frequent intervals.
- Should you request a Lock or Delete procedure, the Agent receives and executes these
commands and next time it contacts the Monitoring Center. If your laptop is stolen,
the Theft Recovery Team can use the Agent to obtain forensic data used to guide local
law enforcement in recovering it.
Our Persistent Technology
- Our software refuses to give up easily - even laptops with wiped or removed hard drives
can be recovered.
- We partner with most computer manufacturers to embed our software directly on your
- Persistence pays - laptop with wiped drive is recovered.
Steps in a Successful Recovery
- As the owner of a stolen laptop, contact police and file a theft report. Then, log
in to the Absolute Customer Center and report your laptop as missing.
- The Absolute Theft Recovery Team uses advanced forensic technology to locate the laptop
and possibly identify who has it. They share this information with local law enforcement,
who recover the computer.
- The laptop is returned to you ASAP.
How to Lock Your Laptop
- As the owner of a missing laptop, log in to the Absolute Customer Center and select
LOCK from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, create a customized message with your contact
information that will be visible to anyone who attempts to use your laptop. Then confirm
the request to initiate a Lock procedure.
- The next time your laptop contacts the Customer Center, it receives the lock command
and the lock is executed. From then on, no one can use the laptop or access the information
on it until you unlock it.
Remotely Delete Private Information By
- Realizing your laptop is missing, log in to the Absolute Customer Center, and select
DELETE from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, you can opt to delete all of your files or choose
the select file types you wish to delete. Then confirm the Delete request.
- The next time the laptop contacts the Monitoring Center, it receives the Delete command
erasing the files you selected.