USM Limited Wi-Fi Portal Instructions
- On a laptop or desktop computer, connect to the eduroam network. Use a web browser
such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to navigate to https://usmlimited.usm.edu.
- Sign on to the USM Limited portal with your W+IDemail@example.com and CampusID password.
- Please read the acceptable use policy while scrolling within the window until the
Accept button is active.
- On the Manage Devices screen, you can add, edit, or delete your devices for the USM
Limited network. Select the Add button to start the process.
- On the Add Device screen, enter a Device name, a Device ID/MAC Address, and a Device
Description. Select the Submit button once the information is entered. If you need help locating your device MAC
Address, select the link, How do I find the MAC address of my specific device?
- Connect to the USM Limited network in the Wi-Fi settings of your device (see examples of macOS and Windows shown
Enter the pre-shared key from the portal. Please refer to the device manufacturer
instructions on how to connect to a Wi-Fi Network. iTech does NOT provide support to troubleshoot these devices.
- It could take up to 5 minutes for your device to become active in the system.
- If after 5 minutes you are still having issues connecting, please verify the MAC address
of the device in the portal. You can delete the device and re-enter the correct information
using the process in steps 3 and 4.
- You can only activate up to three device ID/MAC addresses in the USM Limited Wi-Fi portal.
- If you need help with your login information, please contact the iTech Help Desk at
601.266.HELP (4357) between Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.