Erick Diaz Quispe
Erick Diaz Quispe was born in Lima, Peru. He completed his master’s degree in piano performance with a minor in orchestral conducting at USM in May 2022, and will begin his doctoral studies in piano performance at USM in the fall of 2022. His professor and advisor is Dr. Ellen Elder. He graduated from Conservatorio Nacional de Música (National Music University) in Lima, Peru, with a Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance, and the title of Licentiate Piano Performance under the guidance of his teacher Carlota Bravo.
Mr. Diaz has experience teaching children, youth, and adults. He is a former teacher of piano in the extension courses of Conservatorio Nacional de Música. In addition, he organized opportunities for his students to showcase their talents in recitals and prepared them for auditions in different music schools throughout Peru.
- Doctor of Musical Arts degree program at the USM
- Master's degree in piano performance at USM with a minor in orchestral conducting
- Conservatorio Nacional de Música (National Music University) in Lima, Peru, with a Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance.
- Licentiate Piano Performance under the guidance of his teacher Carlota Bravo.
- Performed in masterclasses for such artists as Michael Baron (USA), Valentina Lisitsa (Ukraine), Raphael Lustchevsky (Poland), Armand Abols (Latvia), Juan Pablo Horcasitas (Mexico), Ney Fialkow (Brazil), Joaquin Achucarro (Spain), and Brendan Kinsella (USA).
- As a winner of the Young Soloist Competition organized by El Conservatorio Nacional de Música in Lima, Peru, Mr. Diaz was a soloist with the Symphony Orchestra of that Conservatory in the Gran Teatro de la Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería in 2015, performing Beethoven’s Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37.
- Awarded Honorable Mention in the Graduate Piano Solo Division of the Mississippi Music Teachers Association Collegiate Competitions in 2021, and received third prize in the Roberto Carpio Piano Competition in Lima, Peru.