Margaleth Espinoza Fernandez
Margaleth Espinoza Fernandez was born in Lima, Peru. She holds a bachelor’s degree in piano performance from the Universidad Nacional de Música in Lima, under the guidance of Professors Carlota Bravo and Elena Ichikawa.She completed her master’s degree in piano performance with a minor in music education at USM in May 2022, and will begin her doctoral studies in piano performance at USM in the fall of 2022. She studies with Dr. Ellen Elder.
She has taught group piano lessons and private lessons in the Yamaha Academy and extension courses at the Universidad Nacional de Música. Ms. Espinoza prepared her students for their entrance auditions at the Universidad. Also, she organized recitals to give them more experience in public performance.
- Doctor of Musical Arts degree program at the USM
- Master's degree in piano performance at USM with a minor in music education
- Bachelor’s degree in piano performance from the Universidad Nacional de Música in Lima, under the guidance of Professors Carlota Bravo and Elena Ichikawa.
- Selected to perform as a soloist with the Lima Symphony Orchestra in 2009, performing Dmitri Kabalevsky’s Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Major, Op.50, “Youth.”
- Received honorable mention in the William T. Gower Concerto Competition at USM in 2020, performing the first movement of George Gershwin’s Piano Concerto in F.
- Participated in several recitals as a soloist throughout Lima and Peru, as well as collaborative pianist with other instruments, and chamber music groups.
- Performed in masterclasses with numerous internationally recognized piano professors such as Ney Fialkow (Brazil), Armand Abols (Latvia), Raphael Lustchevsky (Poland), Valentina Lisitsa (Ukraine), Michael Baron (USA), and Brendan Kinsella (USA).