Staff Collaborative Pianist
Chinese Pianist Zhaolei Xie was a winner in the Bradshaw & Buono International Piano Competition, which led to his debut in Weill Recital Hall of Carnegie Hall in New York City. He also won the Bronze Medal in the 58th Wideman International Piano Competition. Currently, Mr. Xie is the Master Collaborative Artist in Piano at USM. Prior to working at USM, Mr. Xie was an accompanist in Southeastern Louisiana University and the Thurnauer School of Music of Kaplen JCC on the Palisades in New Jersey.
- Master of Music degree in Piano Performance from Manhattan School of Music
- Artist Diploma from Texas Christian University
- Bachelor’s with honors from Southeastern Louisiana University
- Piano training in Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, China and St. Petersburg State Conservatory of Music, Russia (from 1993-2004).
- Collaborated with numerous musicians including Grammy-award winning chamber musician Andrew Pelletier, Italian international recording artist Elena Cecconi, Norwegian Tuba Soloist Øystein Baadsvik, and artists from Michigan State University, the University of North Carolina, the University of Memphis, Ball State University, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Spokane Symphony Orchestra, etc.
- The designated pianist of Southern Saxophone Workshop and Southern Flute Festival and Competition at USM. In addition to be a collaborative artist, Mr. Xie has performed piano solo concerts in Festival South in Mississippi, and Miller Recital Hall and Greenfield Hall in New York City.
- Appeared as orchestral soloist with the Monroe Symphony Orchestra, Mid-Texas Symphony Orchestra, Texas Christian University Symphony Orchestra and Southeastern Louisiana University Chamber Orchestra.