|This calculator is for estimation purposes only. Your actual GPA calculations appear in your SOAR account. See below for instructions on how to calculate your GPA.|
Follow these steps:
- Compute the total number of credits attempted for the semester - Example = 16 Credits Attempted
- Compute the total number of points for each course: Multiply the credits for each course x the points for each course grade - Example: BUS 101 = 3 credits x 4 points
(A grade) = 12 total Quality Points
- Divide the total number of Quality Points for the semester by / the total number of Credits Attempted for the semester - Example = 42 Quality Points / 16 Credits Attempted = 2.625 Semester G.P.A.
- Cumulative G.P.A. (all semesters) is calculated by dividing the total number of Credits Attempted at Southern Miss by the total number of Quality Points earned at Southern Miss.
Quality Point Scale
Requirements for a Southern Miss degree include a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 in four categories:
- Cumulative (overall) G.P.A.
- Major/Concentration G.P.A.
|A = 4.0|
|B = 3.0 |
|C = 2.0 |
|D = 1.0 |
|F = 0 |
|I = 0 |
|WF = 0 |