This calculator is for estimation purposes only. Your actual GPA calculations appear
in your SOAR account. See below for instructions on how to calculate your GPA.
Follow these steps:
- Compute the total number of credits attempted for the semester - Example = 16 Credits
- Compute the total number of points for each course: Multiply the credits for each
course x the points for each course grade - Example: BUS 101 = 3 credits x 4 points
(A grade) = 12 total Quality Points
- Divide the total number of Quality Points for the semester by / the total number of
Credits Attempted for the semester - Example = 42 Quality Points / 16 Credits Attempted
= 2.625 Semester G.P.A.
- Cumulative G.P.A. (all semesters) is calculated by dividing the total number of Credits
Attempted at Southern Miss by the total number of Quality Points earned at Southern
Quality Point Scale
- A = 4.0
- B = 3.0
- C = 2.0
- D = 1.0
- F = 0
- I = 0
- WF = 0
Requirements for a Southern Miss degree
Include a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 in four categories:
- Cumulative (overall) G.P.A.
- Major/Concentration G.P.A.
- Non-major (other) G.P.A.
- Minor G.P.A.