Business Administration (Entrepreneurship)
Earn Your Degree in Entrepreneurship
The degree in Business Administration (Entrepreneurship) equips students with the entrepreneurial mindset - learning to ideate and innovate from within large, medium, or small companies. Students in the program develop the skills to market and manage their own business or business unit, use design thinking to solve customer problems, launch successful new ventures, and use financial information to make decisions for business operations.
The College of Business and Economic Development is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What Will I Learn?
Students earning a Business Administration (Entrepreneurship) degree undertake a program of study that emphasizes business creation, development, and management skills. All students will acquire:
- Knowledge of current business practices and theory in accounting, finance, management, and marketing
- The ability to think critically
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency in identifying and analyzing viable business opportunities
- Competency in current technology
- Competency in ethical decision-making
Expert Faculty Who Are There to Help
Our outstanding faculty members are entrepreneurs, scholars, and leaders in entrepreneurship education. They are committed to teaching, scholarship, and professional service in their efforts to provide the very best educational foundation for Southern Miss students.
|Business Administration (Entrepreneurship) BSBA||Hattiesburg|
- New Business Founder
- Business Analyst
- Small Business Consulting
- Product Development Specialist
- Sales Manager
- Darryl Harris, 2012,
Operations Manager, Amazon.com, Inc.
- Kimberly Joy (KJ) Lockley Miri, 2009,
Attorney-at-Law, Lowrey & Fortner PA.
- Aaron Alexander Brown, 2016,
Co-Founder/Owner, Swanky Traditions and Zach Garvin’s Original Steakhouse
- Daniel C. Glover, 2017,
Craniomaxillo-Facial Consultant (Medical Device Sales), Depuy Synthes (affiliate of Johnson & Johnson)
- Jordan Smalley, 2014,
SAP Lead Sales Trainer, Cintas Corporation
- Carl Tony Donaldson, 2012,
Marketing Director/Referral Coordinator, Clearview Recovery Center