College of Business and Economic Development
Preparing for the Future of Work
The world of work is constantly changing. Advancements such as automation, artificial intelligence, regulatory changes, and remote work arrangements, will result in the elimination of some jobs, the creation of new jobs, and changes to almost all jobs. As a result, business students not only need foundational business knowledge, they must also develop the skills and abilities needed to excel in an ever evolving business environment - the ability to adapt, think critically, solve problems, communicate effectively, utilize digital technology, and collaborate and lead across demographic and geographic boundaries.
With a degree from the College of Business and Economic Development, you will be prepared to adapt and thrive in the future of work. Our programs prepare you to be successful in the business world by offering leading-edge coursework as we partner with thriving businesses, allowing students to obtain experiences to better prepare them for what is to come after graduation. Whether you are learning online, in-person or in a hybrid format, you will acquire skills and competencies necessary to be a leader in the classroom and the workplace.
The College of Business and Economic Development is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). As an AACSB-accredited school, we maintain the highest standard for business schools in the world.
Whether you are pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree from any of our four schools (Accountancy, Finance, Management or Marketing), our engaged faculty and unique opportunities will set you above all others.
- Professional Selling (Undergraduate)
- Business Management (Undergraduate)
- Casino and Resort Management and Marketing (Undergraduate)
- Retail Merchandising (Undergraduate)
- Supply Chain Management (Undergraduate)
- Personal Finance (Undergraduate)
- Apparel Construction and Design (Undergraduate)
- Business Essentials for non-business majors (Undergraduate)
- Economic Development (Graduate)
- Business Foundations (Graduate)
- Sport Security Management (Graduate)
Find out more about our certificate programs here.
The Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE) serves as an educational resource for K-12 educators and students in south Mississippi. Established in 2005, CEEE bridges today’s educational gaps in economic, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy through relevant, hands-on learning experiences and competitions.
Academic Services assists students with questions related to academics, including academic advising regarding course selections and the path to graduation, probation/suspension counseling, and other concerns affecting enrollment in business courses. Academic advisors can also help student navigate all the diverse services the university has to offer, including financial, career, and personal counseling needs.
in external funding awarded in 2018 for Mississippi Defense Diversification Initiatives
received competitive internal research grants and/or college research awards in 2018
for the 5-year period 2013-2018
What sets us apart:
- Faculty publications have been featured in premier/significant and A* refereed journals.
- Student research mentorship occurs through the University's Honors College and undergraduate research symposium.
- Faculty are active in garnering grant funding and forming industry partnerships to enhance the relevancy of our research and promote active learning experiences for our students.
We promote a balanced portfolio of teaching and scholarship. Our faculty pride themselves in researching unique and creative topics that have an impact on business and industry. Faculty also devote time to mentoring the next generation of scholars among our students.