Prepare for In-Demand Cyber Jobs
Designed to accommodate a wide variety of lifestyles, from a community college student to the busy professional or U.S. Military member, this is an accelerated pathway to earn a bachelor’s degree online! The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Cybersecurity provides opportunity to transfer up to 60 hours of technical credit earned at a community college to a 4-year degree program in a growing technical field.
Those completing the BAS in Cybersecurity will gain skills through coursework offered across the computer science and information technology programs that prepare learners for career growth in cybersecurity defense, risk assessment, and countermeasures designed to protect against cyber threats.
*Source: (ISC)² Cybersecurity Workforce Study?
What Will I Learn?
Graduates will gain knowledge, skills, and abilities for cybersecurity defense and risk assessment career pathways. The graduate will demonstrate ability to:
- Ensure security of operating systems, routers, switches, and hubs, and database management systems.
- Perform tasks related to penetration testing.
- Conduct a risk assessment of information technology infrastructure including organizational and human elements.
- Apply knowledge of laws and policies in decision making related to information technology and cybersecurity.
- Apply knowledge of ethical issues when working with information technology and data.
Why Cybersecurity with Dr. Nick Rahimi
Cybersecurity is a major national security concern and a potential economic engine for the state of Mississippi and the United States. The new cybersecurity program at USM is designed to address the shortage in the industry by preparing students to join a highly skilled cybersecurity workforce. It does so by focusing on the existing and emerging challenges in security and privacy of cyberspace.Nick Rahimi, Ph.D.
Internship opportunities are available in industry and the government sector.
|Cybersecurity BAS||Online 100%|
- Information Security Analyst
- Intrusion Detection Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Incident Responder
- Network Security Engineer
- Malware Analyst