Kinesiology-Engaging Minds & Bodies
Our kinesiology programs are committed to academic rigor; promoting physical, mental and emotional well-being; and a vision of a healthier, more active future.
Specific kinesiology emphases include Exercise Science, Physical Education, and Sport Coaching.
Each specialization offers a collaborative learning environment, focused on the study of movement.
Our academic rigor, hands-on experiences, and research opportunities contribute to our regional and national reputation for excellence in preparing students for careers in the world of sport.
What Will I Learn?
- Exercise Science focuses on how exercise physiology and psychology, biomechanics, and nutrition influence human movement.
- K-12 Physical Education Licensure – Classroom learning and supervised student teaching placement in elementary-level physical education instructional settings prepare students to become physical education teachers.
- Sport Coaching Education prepares students to coach in a variety of sport settings by studying coaching methodology, sport psychology, and human performance.
- K-12 Physical Education Licensure/Sport Coaching Education dual degree combines preparation as a physical education teacher with preparation for coaching.
Engaged Faculty With Program Expertise
Program faculty have a wide variety of professional experiences which they infuse in undergraduate learning, helping students prepare to work in many different settings. Faculty are dedicated to making connections and building a sense of community among students in their classes, through regular interaction and strong mentorship.
|Kinesiology (Exercise Science) BS||Hattiesburg|
|Kinesiology (K-12 Physical Education Licensure/Sport Coaching Education Dual Degree) BS||Hattiesburg|
|Kinesiology (K-12 Physical Education Licensure) BS||Hattiesburg|
|Sport Coaching Education BS||Hattiesburg|
- Physical Education Teacher
- Health Care Administrators
- Research and Design in Sports
- Exercise Physiologist
- Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Jason Simpson
Physical Therapy Program William Carey University Graduated 2016
- Sonia Curvelo
Cleveland State Head Women’s Soccer Coach Graduated 2013
- Greg Gatlin
Parklane Academy Head Softball Coach
- Daniel Krebs, MD
Medical Residency Wake Forest Graduated 2014
- Dominic Studzinski
Ole Miss Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach Graduated 2013
- Brooke Rhodes
Jones County JC Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Graduated 2016