College of Education and Human Sciences
|Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response and Information related specifically to Teacher Education (updated April 6, 2020)|
Exemplary Teachers - Engaged and Effective Professionals - Influential Researchers
Students in the College of Education and Human Sciences experience support and success, exposure to diversity of people and ideas, quality university- and community-based practicum and internship experiences, and active engagement in research.
We provide transformative educational experiences through online learning and pathways for working professionals at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Our exemplary faculty prepare educators, mental health, kinesiology, and nutrition professionals, and researchers to offer solutions addressing the needs of an increasingly diversified and evolving society.
Offering a number of highly-ranked and nationally-accredited programs, we prepare both traditional and non-traditional students with innovative curricula and field experiences in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats.
Prepare today for tomorrow’s challenges!
- Child and Family Sciences - Master's
- Counseling Psychology - Master's
- Dyslexia Therapy Education - Master's
- Educational Administration and Supervision - Master's, Specialists and Doctorate
- Educational Curriculum and Instruction - Master's
- Educational Research - Master's and Doctorate
- Higher Education Administration - Master's and Doctorate
- Kinesiology - Master's or Sport Coaching Education - Master's
- Library and Information Science - Master's
- Marriage and Family Therapy - Master's
- Nutrition and Food Systems - Master's
- Psychology (Brain and Behavior) - Doctorate
- Psychology (Clinical) - Doctorate
- Psychology (Counseling) - Doctorate
- Psychology (School Psychology) - Doctorate
- School Counseling - Master's
- Secondary Teacher Education (Alternate Route) - Master's
- Social Work - Master's
- Special Education - Master's, Specialist and Doctorate
Serving as the institution of choice for over 100 years, Southern Miss has produced more traditional-route Mississippi teachers than any other institution.
Teacher education pathways include elementary education, special education and dual education licensure, alternate route, and the fully online Teacher’s Assistant Program.
Our online programs are nationally ranked for accessibility and affordability and allow working professionals to achieve their educational goals while advancing their chosen careers.
Our dedicated professionals will help you on your path to success.
centers, clinics and special projects
college-specific foundation scholarships
Students enrich their educational experience through research engagement and hands-on learning in the College of Education and Human Sciences.
With research funded by the Department of Defense, the National Institutes of Health, private foundations and state agencies, and student teachers placed all around the world, you can trek your own path at USM and lay the groundwork for a formidable career.
Become involved in one of over 35 research laboratories and teams and over 30 University- and community-based centers, clinics and special projects.