Call for Workshop and Poster Proposals
We invite abstracts (of approximately 250 words) for 45-60 minute workshops or poster presentation proposals that are of professional interest to our attendees (teachers and librarians from across the nation).
Proposals are selected via blind review. Authors of accepted proposals will receive notification via email on or before November 25, 2013.
Feedback from previous festivals indicated a strong interest in the following:
- Common Core
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Community Outreach
- How to Get Published
- Technology/Social Media
The following information must be submitted via the online application:
- Submit a proposal including title, session proposer (with full contact information), name of presenter(s), and abstract.
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) summary of your session (workshops only)
- Provide an abstract (250 words)
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) bio of session presenter(s)
- Presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session.
- Poster presentations will be provided with an easel and foam core background for attaching poster. Dimensions will be provided soon.
- Accepted workshops receive complimentary registration to the festival (luncheons not included).
- Accepted poster presentations do not receive complimentary registration are required to register for the festival.
Posters are used at conferences to reach a wide audience in a short amount of time. People come by and talk briefly with you about the topic and typically leave with a handout. The poster boils the most important information down in an eye-catching display with the handout filling in the details. Poster example (PDF)
Deadline for Submission
November 8, 2013
Notification of Acceptance
November 25, 2013