Students are also eligible. Typical students download $1,000 of products at no charge.If you want your students to have access, please ensure they are eligible (enrolled in a Computing course that requires access). Send a list of student USM e-mail addresses to me. (The only information that is required is the student’s USM e-mail address. Please contact the faculty responsible for you classes for further details.
Most commonly accessed products include:
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 (to upgrade home systems)
- Microsoft Projects Pro and Visio Pro (for lab reports and senior projects)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual Basic for CSS 331 and CSS 431)
Product availability includes:
- Microsoft operating systems from DOS 6.22 through Windows Server 2003
- Visual Studio products including VB, C++, VJava, C#, and FoxPro from version 6 through 2005
- Developer tools including SDKs and DDKs
- Microsoft server products including SQL, Exchange, Services for UNIX, ISA, etc.
- Microsoft applications including Access, Projects, and Visio.
* Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) is not included in this license agreement. This is available through iTech at a significant discount to students and free for faculty and staff. Software distributed by iTech is located here: http://www.usm.edu/itech/software-downloads-and-purchases