School of Computing Sciences and Computer Engineering
The School of Computing Sciences and Computer Engineering is a welcoming student-engaged, research-active organization. We offer undergraduate degrees in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, and cybersecurity, along with minors and certificate programs in software engineering, cybersecurity, and computer networking. Two of our programs are offered fully online: the Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science and the Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity. We also have an Accelerated Bachelor of Science to Master of Science pathway that enables students to take six hours of graduate credit before receiving the Bachelor of Science degree. We offer a Master of Science degree in Computer Science and a PhD in Computational Science.
Our faculty consists of researchers known nationally for their innovative work and professionals with real-world industry, military, and government sector work experience.
The School is committed to broadening participation in computing (BPC). View our BPC plan which was the first in Mississippi verified and included on the National Science Foundation-supported BPCnet Resource Portal.
In the School of Computing Sciences and Computer Engineering, you’ll work with faculty to gain hands-on experience in the ever-evolving computing and cybersecurity fields, and gain the skills necessary to succeed in a wide-range of professional domains including full-stack software development, system architecture design, cybersecurity defense, network and system administration, artificial intelligence, and data science. Our Center for Cybersecurity houses the Cyber Innovations Laboratory and the Security and Privacy of Emerging Networks Laboratory which provide collaborative, interdisciplinary research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
We have a limited number of graduate teaching assistantship positions available each year. To apply for a graduate teaching assistantship, complete the form at this link.
- Computer Engineering BS
- Computer Science BS
- Computer Science (Applied Computer Science) BS
- Starting in Fall 2022, the Applied CS degree is available fully online
- Information Technology BS
- With Cybersecurity, Networking, Software Development and Embedded Systems Concentrations
- Cybersecurity BAS
- Accelerated BS to MS
Innovation Starts Here.
As recognized leaders in computing and computer engineering, our School is shaping the next generation of IT leaders. At the heart of our success is fostering a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, while understanding the applications of computing in the broader research community.
- Our faculty are pushing boundaries as they actively engage in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, bio-informatics, image and video processing, cybersecurity, and broadening participation in computing, and more!
- Community outreach programs boost tech sector diversity by investing in low-income college women pursuing computing and engineering degrees; recognize girls with aspirations, abilities and technical accomplishments; provide alternative pathway; and more!