Equipment Services Check Out Policies
Procedures for equipment check out by students:
Undergraduate and graduate students must have a letter from a faculty/staff member prior to checking out any equipment. The memo must be on university letterhead and signed by the faculty/staff member. That faculty/staff member will assume full responsibility for the checked out equipment.
- Students can check out equipment all day or for a specified time frame.
- Students must be presently enrolled at The University of Southern Mississippi and present a current student ID card.
Procedures for check out by social organizations and external entities (affiliates and guests):
- Equipment can be checked out by campus social organizations and external entities only if they obtain a letter from their advisor.
- Fraternities and sororities must obtain permission from the Office of Greek Life.
- Individuals not directly affiliated with the university must coordinate with university faculty or staff. Equipment must be picked up and returned by university faculty/staff.
- The person named in the memo must be present to pick up the equipment. No equipment will be checked out to any person other than the person named in the letter.
- All equipment being used must be picked up after 3:30 p.m. and prior to 5 p.m. on the day of the request. Equipment being used over a weekend must be picked up on Friday afternoon prior to 5 p.m.
- All equipment used by social organizations and external entities must be returned by 9 a.m. the next morning. If used over a weekend, equipment should be returned by 9 a.m. on Monday.
- Equipment reservations will not be accepted until the letter has been received by Equipment Services.
- All reservations for these organizations are subject to cancellation if equipment is needed for an academic class.
- No equipment will be delivered to a fraternity house or sorority dormitory.