Become a Social Media Ambassador!
Deadline: Application will open from August 21, closing on September 8.
Applications will be reviewed and selected ambassadors will be notified.
The USM College of Arts and Sciences Content Creators are a select group of students who help create content for our social media accounts to show what it’s like attending Southern Miss through their perspective and highlighting unique experiences from their majors. The goal is to have an ambassador from each School to improve our content representation.
Are you passionate about creating content or being on camera? Want to share your experience as a student and showcase your Southern Miss pride through TikToks, Instagram Reels/Stories or Youtube Shorts? Apply to become a content creator ambassador to create and curate engaging and relevant content that will be shared via the College of Arts and Sciences social media accounts and/or your personal account.
If you have any questions contact Ivonne Kawas via email at ivonne.kawasFREEMississippi.
Students must possess leadership skills and a genuine interest in social media. Ambassadors must be:
- A current student with good academic standing;
- Willing to commit to being an Ambassador for an academic year;
- Involved in school/campus life at some level;
- Interested in social media or a desire to learn.
- Someone with a strong sense of University spirit and pride.
- Personal qualities include: enthusiasm, leadership, responsibility, dependability, maturity, initiative, and dedication.
- Find availability for monthly ambassador meetings held virtually
- Create at least 1 Instagram Reel/TikTok using guided templates, including:
- A Day in Your Life
- Ask Me Anything Series
- Coordinate 1 of the series above with a student in your program
- Post photos or videos to your IG stories at least 2 times per week
- Attend at least 3 events held by your School or University during the semester.
- Be available for photo sessions
- Participate in brainstorm activities with the PR Office and provide creative, relevant content ideas by attending monthly meetings
- Interested in researching industry best practices
- Adhere to brand guidelines
- Access to University swag;
- Resume building experience that can be shared with potential employers;
- Increase connections by engaging with other CAS Ambassadors;
- Hands-on experience with content creation.