The Arts Institute of Mississippi (AIM) at Southern Miss is now accepting nominations
for the 2020 AIM Awards, which seek to recognize and honor high school level arts
teachers, schools, and organizations that are making an impact through exemplary achievements
in arts education throughout the state of Mississippi.
Read about our 2019 Recipients
Call for Nominations
Any member of the public can nominate high school level arts teachers and directors,
schools, or organizations for this award or they may nominate themselves for the awards.
In addition, private teachers, including studios, can be nominated. These awards
may be received more than once, so if your nominee is a previous recipient, they are
still eligible to be nominated again. However, a new form, along with supporting materials,
must be filled out each year and resubmitted.
- Online nomination submission deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020.
- The recipients will be notified by Friday, March 27, 2020, and must agree to receive the award in person on date(s) to be determined in the spring of 2020.
Awards are made for outstanding work in arts education in the disciplines, including
creative writing, dance, media, music (bands, orchestras, choirs, and other musical
ensembles), theatre, and visual arts.
The judges will select recipients who best meet the following criteria:
- Excellence in Arts Education;
- Extent to which this person or organization has had a profound and enduring effect
on arts education;
- Extent to which this person's or organization's work enhance(s) the school’s and/or
Four Easy Steps to Nomination
1. Consider the achievements of your nominee:
- Are you nominating a Mississippi high school arts teacher/individual or a Mississippi
high school arts organization that has made an outstanding contribution to a school,
a community, or the state?
- Has your nominee (individual or organization) enhanced education in, and through the
- Does your nominee represent the best of Mississippi’s cultural traditions?
Has your nominee enhanced Mississippi through teaching, performance, or exemplary
- Has your nominee made lasting and significant contribution to students, school, or
2. Click here
to complete the online nomination form.
3. Attach supporting materials:
- A one-page narrative describing why the nominee is outstanding and expanding on the
qualities and achievements that contribute to this;
- A curriculum vitae (if individual);
- A biography, or organizational description (Max. 100 words);
- A headshot of nominee, or photo of group;
- You may also attach media, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, or writing
samples (for writers/poets only), and up to two recommendation letters.
4. Submit the online nomination form by Friday, February 28, 2020.