The Arts Institute of Mississippi (AIM) at The University of Southern Mississippi is now accepting nominations for the 2019 AIM Awards, which seek to recognize and honor high school level arts teachers, schools, and organizations that are making an impact through exemplary achievements in arts education throughout the state of Mississippi.
Any member of the public can nominate high school level arts teachers and directors, schools, or organizations for this award or they may nominate themselves for the awards. In addition, private teachers, including studios, can be nominated. These awards may be received more than once, so if your nominee is a previous recipient, they are still eligible to be nominated again. However, a new form, along with supporting materials, must be filled out each year and resubmitted.
Timeline: Online nomination submission deadline is February 15, 2019. The 2019 recipients will be notified by March 15, 2019, and must agree to receive the award in person on date(s) to be determined in the spring of 2019.
Awards are made for outstanding work in arts education in the disciplines, including creative writing, dance, media, music (bands, orchestras, choirs, and other musical ensembles), theatre, and visual arts.
The judges will select recipients who best meet the following criteria:
1. Consider the achievements of your nominee:
1. A one-page narrative describing why the nominee is outstanding and expanding on the qualities and achievements that contribute to this;
2. A curriculum vitae (if individual);
3. A biography, or organizational description (Max. 100 words);
4. A headshot of nominee, or photo of group;
5. You may also attach media, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, or writing samples (for writers/poets only), and up to two recommendation letters.
4. Submit the online nomination form by February 15, 2019.
For questions, please e-mail: email@example.com