PARTNERS FOR THE ARTS
- Created in 1997, Partners for the Arts is a community alliance between the Pine Belt Region, and beyond, and the arts programs at Southern Miss.
- A membership in Partners for the Arts directly enhances opportunities for our students to have life-changing and career-altering experiences, at the same time providing essential support to expand access to world-class arts events and artists.
- Provides thousands of dollars annually to underwrite arts projects through its grant program funding career performances, master classes, exhibits, workshops, and lectures.
- Since its inception, Partners has raised more than $1.7 million through donations.
Support the Arts at Southern MissThe arts programs at Southern Miss include Art and Design, Dance and Theatre in the School of Performing and Visual Arts, the School of Music, Media and Entertainment Arts in the School of Communication and the Center for Writers in the School of Humanities.
Your membership enhances our traditions of excellence
Your kindhearted support directly impacts our traditions of excellence in the arts by offering opportunities to students wishing to explore uncharted territories—from performances on world stages to personalized attention through small studio study with teaching masters. Join or renew your membership today!
Your individual or corporate membership provides funding to enhance our arts programming and much needed support to expand our arts offerings to the community. Special members-only events are held throughout the year as a “thank you” to you—our loyal members.
You can join one of seven levels of membership. Membership can be paid annually or in monthly installments and portions of dues are tax-deductible.
|LEVELS OF GIVING||AMOUNT|
75% percent of your total contribution may be designated to an area of choice. The remainder of those funds, including undesignated funds, will be applied directly to the Partners for the Arts grants program (Friends of the Arts).
|Friends of the Arts||0400 (ALL DISCIPLINES)|
|Art and Design||0270|
|Creative Writing (Center for Writers)||1295|
|Media and Entertainment Arts||0062|
Permanently support the dynamic arts programs at Southern Miss by turning your annual membership into a legacy gift. Enjoy all the current Partners benefits while creating a permanent endowment for future generations. The recently established Emerging Artists Award supports student work and professionalism through meaningful awards in each of the 6 arts disciplines, and are made possible thanks to the spending allocation of the PFTA Endowment.
|LEVEL||MONTHLY||ANNUALLY||LEGACY SOCIETY *Over Five Years|
Please note that 75% of your Legacy gift will support the PFTA Endowment.
2018-19 MEMBERSHIP YEAR IN REVIEW:
MEET OUR EMERGING ARTISTS
The Emerging Artist Award is sponsored by USM’s Partner for the Arts to support student work and professionalism. Meaningful monetary awards are granted annually.
- 2020 Emerging Artists Application
- Grant Assessment Instrument Form (Post-Event)
- 2020-21 Grant Application
Interested in supporting Southern Miss Libraries?
Learn more about becoming Friends of University Libraries, an organization providing essential support for the research, teaching and public service missions of The University of Southern Mississippi Libraries by visiting friendsofuniversitylibraries.com.