Compliance and Ethics
Compliance and Ethics
Each Authorized Adult/Program Staff member who will be participating in a program covered by the Minors on Campus policy is required to do the following:
1) Complete the form Child Abuse Compliance Course Access Form to request access to our vendor created Child Abuse course.
2) Complete our in-house course on the Minors on Campus policy by accessing the following link: https://usm-office-of-compliance-and-ethics.screencasthost.com/watch/c3h10YVYS5B
3) Attend annual mandatory training provided by the Sponsoring Unit and/or program which must include, at a minimum, the following information about responsibilities and expectations required under this policy:
4) Read the Minors on Campus policy at https://usm.policystat.com/policy/10682399/latest/
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF UNDERSTANDING AND COMPLIANCE
5) Sign and provide to your program director the signed Acknowledgement of Understanding: University Minors on Campus Policy certifying that you have read and understand the policy
The Acknowledgment can be accessed within the Forms and Instructions section of the Minors on Campus policy.
The following is required for those Volunteering (in any capacity whether they are employees or non-employees)
6) If an authorized adult is a volunteer, they will also need to complete the background
check along with completing the Volunteer Data Form. *
** To access the form, you must be able to access the USM internal portal using your login. If you are not able to access these forms, email complianceFREEMississippi
** The following supplemental resources are also available to support training:
Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
Child Abuse and Neglect Signs and Symptoms
These two resources can be accessed by going to the Forms and Instructions section of the policy.
6) Obtain a background check by completing the Request for Background Check.* For more information about background checks, see the Annual Background Check web page
Background Checks- Non-university entities are required to conduct background checks on their Program Staff and certify that they have done so.
Training- Non-university entities using University facilities for programs/camps involving minors are required to certify that they have provided training comparable to that required under this policy to their Program Staff.
Documentation-Non-university organizations using University facilities for programs/camps involving minors shall be required to deliver the following before authorization of use of University facilities may be given:
Policy Adherence and Reference- Non-university organizations that wish to operate programs or activities involving minors on Southern Miss campuses must ensure their programs are operated consistent with the guidelines of the Minors on Campus policy. All contracts for the use of University facilities by non-university organizations for programs involving minors shall reference this requirement and provide a link to the policy.
Should you need further assistance, email complianceFREEMississippi