10/30/2018 Deadline for all Departments
NOTE: Gift card logs have to be reviewed recipient by the recipient.
10/31/2018 Deadline for Athletics, and Other Courtesy Car Participants
- November 2017 – September 2018 Courtesy Cars logs
11/09/2018 Deadline for Athletics, and Other Courtesy Car Participants
- October 2018 Courtesy Cars logs
12/01/2018 Deadline for Accounts Payable/Purchasing
- Moving Expenses
- International payments requiring a 1042 tax withholding (scholarship in excess of
tuition, honorariums, other income, etc.)
- Gift card purchases
There will be an exception for Moving Expenses. Moving expenses paid in the month
of December will be reimbursed net of tax. The individual does not lose the tax-exempt
benefit of the allowable moving expenses. These individuals will report their moving
expenses allowed or allowable on their individual tax return (US Form 1040). The net
effect has the same monetary outcome.
11/26/2018 Deadline for Foundation
- Any Additional Compensation Items
- Please note that this includes requests for payments and/or reimbursements from the
USM Foundation. If you are requesting payment for these items, withdrawal request
forms must be submitted to the Foundation by November 26, 2018, due to the timing
of Thanksgiving holidays. If you are unable to submit the forms to the Foundation
by this date, they will need to be held by the requestor until January 2019.
12/15/2018 Deadline for ISSS
- International Address Changes in Windstar (tax software) for 2018 Mail-out of 8233,
and W-4, etc.
01/15/2018 Deadline for ISSS (same as payroll’s deadline)
- International Address Changes in Windstar (tax software) for Form 1042-S Reporting
12/12/2018 Returned Checks for Payroll
- If you or your department is holding any paychecks that have not yet been picked up
or should not have been paid, please return them to the Payroll Department located
in Bond Hall. Add a brief note on the check as to why it is being returned.
- If the check should not have been issued and you or your department would like the
money added back into your departmental account:
- Hand-write a note on the check telling us to reverse it and why. If the check has
not previously been replaced, we will be happy to reverse it and add the money back
into your departmental account.
- If the check is being returned just because of failure of the employee to pick it
up: then that should be noted on the check.