College of Education and Human Sciences
College of Education and Human Sciences
Tk20 by Watermark is a subscription-based assessment and data management system that provides students a secure platform for submitting a variety of assessments that are used to measure their academic performance and professional growth. The Tk20 system also provides program faculty, staff, and external users, such as cooperating teachers, a platform for entering data, maintaining records, analyzing key assessments, and providing students with appropriate and timely feedback. Tk20 also provides much of the student learning data necessary for the preparation of a variety of university, state, regional, national, and accreditation reports. Finally, our teacher education programs use Tk20 data to systematically review and strategically improve student and program outcomes.
Before purchasing a Tk20 subscription, review the "Tk20 Student Account Activation Instructions" below.
The Tk20 Assessment System is a subscription-based platform. The purchase of a Tk20 subscription is required only upon admission to an undergraduate teacher education program, a graduate teacher education program, or certain advanced licensure programs. Students in non-education programs should not purchase a Tk20 subscription until instructed to do so by their program coordinator.
If you are ready to purchase your subscription, please carefully read ALL instructions before making your purchase. Failure to follow these instructions may delay or, in some cases, prevent account activation. Chrome is the recommended browser for purchasing your subscription and for accessing your Tk20 account.
You do not need a Tk20 account and you do not need to remember a username and password! Once the Office of Educational Field Experiences confirms field placements, you will receive an email (via Tk20 to the email address you provided) that contains a direct link to your student teacher's binder. The binder link does not expire until the end of the term, so please save the email so that you can use the direct link each time you wish to access the binder. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk/clutter/spam email folders. If the email is in one of these folders, you MUST drag the email into your INBOX before the binder link will work. If you cannot locate this email, call the Office of Educational Field Experiences at (601) 266-4571 or email the USM Tk20 Admin Team at tk20FREEMississippi.
These tips should help users identify and resolve most technical issues.
1) If using a browser other than Chrome, try switching to Chrome for a better user experience.
2) Clear your computer’s Internet history and update the Chrome browser. Close all browsers/windows/tabs, clear the computer's history/cookies/cache/temporary files, update the browser, and try again. If you need directions for clearing Internet history and/or updating the browser, please visit the “USM iTech: How Do I?” page.
3) Some locations lack a strong Internet connection, some computers are slow/outdated, and some school districts restrict access to certain sites. Therefore, make sure you have a strong and stable connection, try rebooting your computer, try logging into Tk20 from a different computer/location, and/or make sure that your school/district is not blocking Tk20. Unfortunately, the USM Tk20 Admin Team cannot resolve these issues; you must contact your school/district iTech team.
4) If file uploads fail, make sure each file is less than 100MB. If the file is less than 100MB, try the tips listed above and try uploading again.
5) If you still cannot access TK20 or if other Tk20 technical issues persist, contact the USM Tk20 Admin Team at tk20FREEMississippi. On weekends and holidays, contact Tk20/Watermark Student Support at 1-800-311-5656 or email@example.com.
Have questions or need assistance? Contact your system administrator.
Teacher Education Program Users
Administrator: USM Tk20 Admin Team
School of Social Work Users
Administrator: Jenine Housewright, Social Work Field Education Specialist