Center for Faculty Development
Learning Space Committee
The learning environments, both formal and informal, on the campuses of The University of Southern Mississippi are a valuable resource for our students, faculty, staff, and community. In August 2017, the Office of the Provost formed a Learning Space Committee made up of standing staff members and rotating faculty members and students to address learning space design, development, and implementation.
According to its charge, the Learning Space Committee serves as the central coordinating body to provide guidance and oversight for design, creation, and implementation of formal and informal environments that support engaged learning and quality teaching at The University of Southern Mississippi. The group provides direction and develops strategy for the future of learning space support on campus and offers specific recommendations and approvals for learning space proposals, projects, and programs that involve campus learning spaces.
The primary responsibilities of the Learning Space Committee include:
- Facilitating faculty and staff access to resources on best practices in the creation and use of active learning environments;
- Providing guidance on learning space development to members of the University community;
- Reviewing proposals for learning space creation, design, or redesign;
- Supporting assessment of learning spaces; and
- Participating in strategic planning funding allocation decisions for space enhancements.
- September 8, 2017 2017_09_08_lsc_minutes.pdf