Achieving More in Your Nutrition Career
The Master of Science degree is a fully online program in Nutrition and Food Systems that offers advanced study in application of nutrition and dietetics practice. Coursework is focused on higher level knowledge and skills in nutrition therapy, food systems management, education theory and practice, global and community nutrition and practice-based research. Faculty are dedicated to high-quality online learning and help students develop competence in all areas of nutrition and dietetics practice.
- The degree program is designed to provide a variety of coursework in food systems and nutrition to complement the knowledge of those that are working in a nutrition-related field.
- Graduate coursework encompass all facets of nutrition and dietetics practice, including clinical, management, and community.
- The program focuses on upcoming areas of dietetics practice, including improved communication, leadership, counseling, and global health.
- Student assignments have a strong integration of research into practice and teach students how to implement evidence-based practice in their careers.
Engaged Faculty with Content Expertise
Program faculty have a wide variety of experiences, which they infuse in all class activities, making the work applicable in many professional settings. Faculty members are strong researchers, who help students learn to answer difficult questions through data collection and analysis. Faculty are also dedicated to assuring that students are connected and have a sense of community in all of their online classes through regular interaction, strong mentorship, and personal relationships with their online classmates.
|Nutrition and Food Systems (Applied Nutrition and Food Systems) MS||Hattiesburg, Online 100%|
|Nutrition and Food Systems (Dietetic Practice) MS||Hattiesburg, Online 100%|
- Clinical Dietitian/Medical Nutrition Therapist
- Food and Nutrition Services Manager
- Food and Nutrition Researcher
- Corporate Wellness Dietitian
- Public Health Nutritionist
- Nutrition Consultant and Private Practice
- Jana Mason, 2013,
Performance Dietitian Manager, EXOS, Phoenix, AZ
- Brittany Logue, 2014,
Director of Child Nutrition, Bay St. Louis - Waveland School District, Bay St. Louis, MS
- Rebecca Turner, 2008,
Author, Radio Host, Media Spokesperson, and Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, Jackson, MS
- Marie Hughey, 2017,
Nutrition Consultant, Jefferson County Department of Health, Birmingham, AL
- Katie Newton, 2013,
Katie Newton Consulting, Dothan, AL.
- Rebecca Butz, 2014,
Renal Dietitian, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS