Make a Difference: Teach Students with Special Needs!
Special Education teachers are in high demand. They work collaboratively with students with disabilities and those at-risk for developing a disability, student's families, general education teachers, and other related service providers. We offer graduate degrees at the masters, specialists, and doctoral levels. Students may complete coursework leading to Mississippi licensure in Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Emotional/Behavior Disorders, Severe Disabilities, or Gifted Education.
What Will I Learn?
Special Education advanced degrees equip graduates with skills, knowledge and experiences to lead other teachers and professionals serving students with disabilities needing individualized education programs.
You will learn to:
- Promote high expectations and achievement among students with and without disabilities using various interventions
- Provide solutions for academic and behavioral needs based on data
- Implement evidence-based high leverage practices
- Integrate didactic and experiential training with research
- Design and implement evidence-based special education programs
- Interpret educational testing
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Director
- Behavior Specialist
- Educational Interventionist