Make a Difference: Teach Students with Special Needs!
Special Education teachers are in high demand. They work collaboratively with students with disabilities and those at-risk for developing a disability, student's families, general education teachers, and other related service providers. We offer graduate degrees at the masters, specialists, and doctoral levels. Students may complete coursework leading to Mississippi licensure in Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Emotional/Behavior Disorders, Severe Disabilities, or Gifted Education.
What Will I Learn?
Special Education advanced degrees equip graduates with skills, knowledge and experiences to lead other teachers and professionals serving students with disabilities needing individualized education programs.
You will learn to:
- Promote high expectations and achievement among students with and without disabilities using various interventions
- Provide solutions for academic and behavioral needs based on data
- Implement evidence-based high leverage practices
- Integrate didactic and experiential training with research
- Design and implement evidence-based special education programs
- Interpret educational testing
Expert Faculty Who Are There to Help
We have an excellent undergraduate program with about 150 undergrad majors, all participating in undergraduate research. Our faculty are at the forefront of their fields, but always make time for students, and often perform research side by side with the students in their classes.
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Director
- Behavior Specialist
- Educational Interventionist