Recyclable and Non-Recyclable Materials
The Southern Miss Recycling program does NOT accept the following materials:
- plastic bags/film
Examples of accepted materials
- computer paper (white and colored)
- notebook paper
Please rinse if possible.
- jugs (milk, water, juice, etc.)
- tubs (butter tub, yogurt container, etc.)
- bottles (water, soda, shampoo, laundry detergent, etc.)
Please flatten all cardboard
- corrugated cardboard
- paperboard (cereal boxes, tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, etc.)
Rinse containers first. Anything steel and aluminum.
- aluminum (soda cans, pet food cans, clean pie plates and foil, etc.)
- steel (soup/vegetable cans, empty aerosol cans, etc.)
Please place these items next to the recycling can, not inside it.
- alkaline batteries (A, AA, D, etc.)
- empty ink cartridges from printers
Computers or other E-Waste recycling materials
Please contact us at Green@usm.edu.