- Ride Free with HUB CITY TRANSIT
- Reduce your carbon footprint and ride the bus for free with Hub City Transit for one day only. Simply present your Southern Miss ID to the bus driver. For route information visit: http://www.hattiesburgms.com/government/departments/federal-programs/hub-city-transit/
- Bike Tag Giveaway
- Shoemaker Square, 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Ride your bike on campus? Stop by the Parking Management table for a chance to win a free bicycle tag and learn ways to safely navigate campus.
- Downtown Bike Tour
- Town Square Park, 5:30pm
- Join the City of Hattiesburg and the Office of Sustainability for a guided bike tour of downtown Hattiesburg! Beginning at Town Square Park, the tour will include various historic buildings and landmarks. Refreshments will be served after the ride, so don't miss out!
- Transport greenhouse gas emissions, including from international aviation and maritime transport, increased by around 34% between 1990 and 2008. Over the same period, energy industries reduced their emissions by about 9%.
- For every passenger-mile travelled, public transportation produces 95 per cent less carbon monoxide, more than 92 per cent fewer volatile organic compounds and nearly half as much carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxides as private vehicles.
- Without public transport, U.S. gasoline consumption would increase by 1.4 billion gallons each year.