Mission and Vision
Together, We S.O.A.R!
SERVE historically underserved populations
Encourage ACCEPTANCE of differences
Ensure REPRESENTATION is at the forefront of service
|The Office of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement is the core of Inclusive Excellence. The office provides transformative experiences to foster the growth and development of historically underserved communities. As advocates for institutional and cultural change, we promote a supportive and inclusive community for professional and personal development by cultivating globally aware citizens.||We strive to be the regional model by enhancing the collegiate experience of historically underserved students through intentional student involvement, community, and civic engagement, as well as diversified and inclusive focused programming.|
Goals of IME
- Ensure that all facets of USM included by not limited to faculty, staff and students are engaged in diversity and inclusive efforts.
- Educate the campus at-large with training on inclusivity and diversity, representation, social justice, meaningful service, community engagement, microaggressions, and implicit bias.
- Collaborate w/ campus partners, the community, & the state to advance diversity & inclusiveness at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Support historically underserved student communities to improve their experiences and success at a PWI (Predominantly White Institution).
- Coordinate mutually beneficial community engagement experiences to address university and community needs, affect positive social change, and cultivate active citizen leaders.
Subscribe here to stay informed with IME!