HCD-ITD Course Description
- HCD 635 Statistics in Human Capital Development. 3 hrs. Study of the statistics used
in research data analysis in Human Capital Development. Students will learn to make,
execute, interpret, and defend experimental design decisions in preparation for dissertation
- HCD 640 Workforce Development Models. 3 hrs. Workforce Development Models. 3 hrs.
Application of different instructional models to design workforce training of facts,
concepts, procedures, and processes.
- HCD 660 Foundations of Human Capital Development. 3 hrs. Examine theories, models,
interventions, and professional practice issues for improving workforce productivity.
- HCD 675 Research in Human Capital Development. 3 hrs. Analysis and evaluation of current
research in the field of Human Capital Development.
- HCD 715 Change Leadership. 3 hrs. Investigation of change theories and models to maximize
change implementation initiatives in an organization context.
- HCD 725 Advanced Workforce Analysis. 3 hrs. Advanced research methods and tools for
evaluation of public and private sector workplace learning and performance programs.
- HCD 745 Quantitative Research Methodologies. 3 hrs. Statistical Methods for designing
developing, and conducting quantitative research in human capital development. Examines
descriptive and inferential statistical analysis techniques.
- HCD 750 Qualitative Research Methodologies. 3 hrs. Methods for designing, developing,
and conducting qualitative research in human capital development.
- HCD 755 Survey Design. 3 hrs. Survey design and administration methods for social
science, human capital development and organizational research.
- HCD 760 Analysis, Interpretation, and Reporting of Research Results. 3 hrs. Statistical
techniques used for research data analysis in human capital development. Course examines
interpretation and reporting research results.
- ITD 709 – Leadership in Instructional. 3 hrs. Apply administrative practices and principles
to implement effective instructional technology learning environments.
- ITD 720 - Instructional Design principles and Theories. 3 hrs. A study of principles,
models, and theories relating to instructional systems design and its influences upon
teaching, learning, and designing instructional systems.
- ITD 740 - Interactive Instructional Media. 3 hrs. Develop interactive instructional
media and discuss design principles related to teaching and learning.
- ITD791 - Research in ITD. 3 hrs. Students are performing research in this course as
independent study. The research project is to be determined by the supervising professor.
- ITD792 - Special Problem in ITD. 1 – 6 hrs. Advanced individualized project relevant
to the student's skill specialty. Scholarly paper and instructional project on an
approved research topic or instructional problem.
- ITD797 - Independent Study and Research in ITD. 1-6 hrs. Students actively working
on a dissertation, consulting with the major professor, or using other resources for
the university may enroll in this course.
- ITD 832 - Evaluation and Assessment of Instructional Design. 3 hrs. Use methods of
inquiry and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of educational, training, and professional
development programs and assess teaching and learning.
- ITD 852 - Diffusion and Adoption of Technology Innovations. 3 hrs. Examine theories,
research, and strategies related to the diffusion and adoption of instructional technology
innovations in education and training.
- ITD 860 - Emerging Technology in Instructional Technology. 3 hrs. Focus is on the
uses of current and emerging technology in teaching, training, and learning.
- HCD 891 Research in Human Capital Development. 1-6 hrs. Investigation of current research
and literature in human capital development. A maximum of 3 hrs. can be applied toward
doctoral degree in HCD.
- ITD 898 Dissertation. 12 hrs.
Go back to the previous page