Your Gateway to Teach English as a Second or Foreign Language
Prepare to succeed in your pursuit to become an English language teacher, online or
in an English language school or institute abroad, by obtaining a TESOL (Teaching
English to Speakers of Other Languages) Graduate Certificate. From learning the foundational
principles of language acquisition to applying the best teaching practices—you will
engage in an experiential learning experience.
What will I learn?
- Understand the foundation principles of language acquisition and instruction, including the social and cultural factors that influence the language learning process
- Design lesson plans and experiential learning activities
- Teach and put your skills into practice
Who is this for?
- Anyone who loves teaching with an interest in travel and living abroad, as you’ll become a candidate for various English language teaching positions around the world;
- Anyone who is interested in working with non-native speakers;
- International participants who meet English language proficiency requirements; and more!
Students may follow one of two paths for this certificate, depending if you hold a Master of Arts in Teaching of Languages or not. (See the bulletin below for details.)
|TESOL Graduate Certificate||Hattiesburg, Online 100%|
- ESL Director
- Private Language Arts Tutor
- Academic Adviser
- Government Agency Adviser
- English Language Center
- Teach for Asia
- Japan English Teaching
- English First
- Westgate Japan
How do I Apply?
Complete the graduate application, submitting the required application fee and all other materials, including transcripts, a statement of purpose, and a resume.
In the semester before completing the TESOL Certificate program, students must submit the Application for Graduate Certificate. Near the end of the semester of graduation, students must submit two documents: a statement of teaching philosophy and an artifact with accompanying rationale. The deadline is May 1, August 15, or December 1, depending on the semester of graduation.