Student Accessibility Services
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is Southern Miss' designated office to verify students' eligibility for accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). SAS works with eligible registered students on an individual basis to provide classroom and housing accommodations that are specific to their disability. We work with faculty and staff on campus to ensure that students with disabilities have full access and the encouragement to participate in all university activities. SAS strives to create a positive campus environment where students with disabilities are supported in their pursuit of careers on the basis of their personal interests and ability.
Please see the below list for all of the current institutional policies of USM that steer our office's practices:
- Accessible Technology Policy [ACAF-IT-017]
- Housing for Students with Disabilities [STUA-RES-001]
- [Library] Services for Individuals with Disabilities [ACAF-LIB-008]
- Obstruction of Corridors, Lobbies, Lounges and Walkways Policy [STUA-RES-003]
- Pets in Residence Halls Policy [STUA-RES-035]
- Student Grievance Policy [STUA-DS-002]
Chase Robbins, M.Ed.
Alisha Graham, LSW
Disability Specialist for Student Development
Valencia Hopkins, B.S.
Disability Specialist for Technology & Auxiliaries
Melanie Uggen, MS, MTBC, NMT, CFLE
Disability Specialist for Accommodations